Cookies and Cream Frosting
Cookies and cream frosting is not only fun, but it is an easy way to bring your Oreo love into cakes and cupcakes!
- 10 Oreo Cookies
- 1 c. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- Mini Oreo's
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Place cookies into a large ziplock bag and seal it up. Crush the cookies to your texture liking. Larger the cookie pieces the more difficult it will be to pipe. You can use a food processor as well.
- Cream butter with mixer.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar at a time. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl between each cup.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add crushed cookies.
- Whip on high for a couple minutes just to beat some air into your frosting.
- Frost your cupcakes or cakes as desired!
- If the frosting is too dry, you can add more heavy cream, but remember that the cookie will absorb the extra moisture.
- If you premake the frosting, it will darken with time. If you want to contrast of black and white make and serve same day.
- Butter should be room temperature to the point that you can make a slight indent with your finger, if you can push your finger into the butter and leave a hole it is too warm.
If you are a chocolate lover, Oreo lover, lover of sweets and all things yummy this is for you! The best part about this recipe is that it is super simple and pipeable!! Yes you can make pretty cakes and cupcakes with the frosting with your favorite piping tip!
Just be sure that you crush the cookie enough that there are no large bits. There is nothing worse than when you are in a cake decorating groove and then a chunk of cookie clogs your tip!! NOooo!!!! Don’t be a victim of frosting back up!
Make sure that you do not make this frosting in advance, I mean you can, but the cookie absorbs any moisture and will darken as the cookie softens. It still tastes great don’t get me wrong, but the frosting will not have that brilliant contrast of black and white.
Take a little aggression out on some cookie smashing or if you are more of a 'make love not war' type of person, you can obliterate your cookies with your food processor.
Top your cupcakes with mini Oreos and you are in a good place with everyone that eats one of your cupcakes!